The bastion is usually mentioned as Zwinger, but it is also called Öregtorony and Öreg bástya (‘Old Tower’ and ‘Old Bastion’). The basement of the bastion has pentagonal shape. The tower was erected in the 11th century, then it was rebuilt in Gothic style during the 1400’s. It gained its current form in the Anjou times (1301-1386). The bastion has always been covered. With the spread of firearms, balistrarias were cut on its walls.
- 9730 Kőszeg, Chernel István utca 14.
- +36 94 563 055